If you’re looking for a yummy dip to make for a party or get-together, you may want to try this one out! It’s not what you would call healthy, but there are some ways you can make it a little lighter, like using lean ground beef, or even substituting “veggie” ground beef (like Morning Star Farms® Grillers Recipe Crumbles). I found the recipe at Closet Cooking and made a few tiny changes, adding just a little more garlic and onion, which I’ve noted in the recipe. Just the name of this dip makes me hungry! You can serve it with tortilla chips (I like Tostitos Multigrain Scoops) or toasted or warmed baguette slices. You can also top the dip with fresh diced tomatoes, lettuce, and extra crumbled bacon if you want. This recipe makes 4-5 servings; if you’re making this for a larger group you should definitely double the recipe and make it in a 9×13″ pan!
BACON DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER DIP slightly adapted from Closet Cooking
Bake in a 9″ pie plate or square baking dish; double the recipe for a 9×13″ pan
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used turkey bacon)
- 1 small to medium onion, diced (I used a medium-sized onion, since I like onion!)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used 2 cloves)
- 4 ounces (light or regular) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (light or regular) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (light or regular) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- Tortilla chips or scoops, or a sliced baguette
- Optional garnishes: shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, chopped dill pickles, cooked and crumbled bacon
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat; drain grease and remove ground beef from pan.
Next, cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6 to 10 minutes. Drain all but 1 Tablespoon of the grease from the pan. Add the diced onion to this pan and saute in the Tablespoon of grease until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
In a large bowl (or in your pan, if it’s big enough) mix together the ground beef, bacon, onion, and garlic. Then add in the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup, mixing everything together.
Pour into a pie plate or baking dish and bake at 350˚F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top starts turning light golden brown and sides are bubbling.
Garnish top of dip with shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, chopped dill pickles, and/or cooked and crumbled bacon.
Serve with toasted or heated baguette slices or tortilla chips or scoops.
If you eat this dip on baguette slices, it’s kind of like having a bite-size cheeseburger!
I don’t have much willpower when it comes to these warm, cheesy dips! Do you have a favorite cheesy dip recipe?