Srawberry-Watermelon Cooler

StrawberryWatermelonCooler@NancyCreative Having a slice of watermelon is so refreshing, especially in the summer, isn’t it? Fresh strawberries are another favorite summer fruit of mine. So it seemed like a great idea to whip up a strawberry-watermelon drink. This Strawberry-Watermelon Cooler is a mildly sweet, juicy blend of watermelon, strawberries, lime, and honey. It’s not quite as thick as a slush, so I call it a cooler. You can easily turn this into a smoothie by adding 1/2 cup of strawberry or vanilla yogurt and a small banana to the rest of the ingredients to make it creamier. It’s perfect for sipping on during a hot summer afternoon!

STRAWBERRY-WATERMELON COOLER by NancyC Makes 2 large (12-ounce) servings

• 2 1/2 cups cubed watermelon (seeds removed)
  • 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (stems removed)
  • 2 Tablespoons lime juice (fresh or bottled)
  • 1 cup ice cubes or crushed ice
  • 1 to 2 Tablespoons honey
  • Optional: slices of lime for garnish

Put watermelon, strawberries, lime juice, ice, and honey into a blender; blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve. Add a slice of lime for garnish if desired.

Watermelon is also great to use in fruit salads. Do you eat watermelon often during the summer? Do you have a favorite summer recipe you like to use it in? Linked to Fiesta Friday, Inspire Me Monday, Full Plate Thursday, Inspiration Tnursday, Let’s Get Real Friday, Show and Share.

42 thoughts on “Srawberry-Watermelon Cooler

1. GFLife247

We love watermelon here! We have a favorite watermelon smoothie, but it’s a bit more dessert like since I actually put sorbet in it. We also make a watermelon soup that’s refreshing as well. And, we eat plain watermelon. I’ll definitely have to add this Watermelon Cooler to the list of drinks I should try this summer. Happy FF and have a wonderful weekend!

2. apuginthekitchen

You are so right nothing more refreshing than a cold slice of watermelon, combining with strawberry in a drink sounds so good. Adding lime will balance it so nicely. I really love this drink!!

3. Jhuls

This drink sounds great for the hot weather outside. Thanks for sharing, Nancy. Have a great weekend. Happy FF. 🙂 xx

4. cookingwithauntjuju.com

These are two of my favorite fruits – I can still get Michigan strawberries and I know I can come up with a watermelon – perfect for this weekend. Thanks Nancy for sharing with Fiesta Friday #73 🙂

Your new site looks great! Didn’t see where I could add a comment, but I will be back to do some browsing! 🙂

1. eclecticoddsnsods

Thanks Nancy really appreciate you taking the time 😀 there’s a blog section in the website you should be able to comment actually you would be the first if you did. Now I’m interested to know that one can lol x

5. Michelle @ Giraffes Can Bake

This looks so yummy, I love the flavour combination! And with the water content of the watermelon, it’s perfect for the summer – nice and refreshing! Definitely the perfect summer drink to brighten up the rainy day we’re having here!

Thanks for sharing with us at Fiesta Friday!

6. petra08

What a perfect summer drink! It looks so good!I love watermelon and often use it in cooking but one of my all time favourites is watermelon and feta cheese salad! 🙂

7. Shari

I love watermelon and strawberries, too, and anything slushy. I’ve never tried a watermelon slushy, though. This looks absolutely delicious and very refreshing. I love the addition of lime, too. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

8. Fae's Twist & Tango

Adding strawberries to what is already a cool drink is brilliant. It adds a tart flavor. Lemon juice adds a different kind of tartness, which is quite pleasing. A great drink!

9. Bam's Kitchen

So refreshing and delicious! I might even throw in a little champagne in there this weekend as celebrating the big 25th anniversary. Pinned and shared, of course!

10. lelaburris

Yummy! My hubs loves watermelon and I have a feeling he would definitely be into this drink. Great recipe! Thanks for linking up at Inspiration Thursday! Hope to see you next week!