With all the sports games on TV, and with the Super Bowl coming up, you may be looking for some different dip recipes to snack on as you’re watching! It’s always nice to have some healthier options and this is a yummy dip that’s a little more on the healthy side. It’s made with yogurt, salsa, a little bit of light mayo, and some seasoning. Shredded cheese is optional, but I really like it with the cheese, even though it’s not quite as healthy that way! The dip shown here is made with Pepper Jack cheese, which gives it a little extra spice. So, keep this in mind for the games!
CREAMY SALSA YOGURT DIP by NancyCreative, adapted from Food.com
Makes about 2 cups of dip
- 1 cup plain yogurt (use a thicker yogurt–I used Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Yogurt; you can also use Greek yogurt)
- 2/3 cup chunky-style Salsa (use your favorite brand)
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Ranch Dip Mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Optional: 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese
Combine yogurt, salsa, mayonnaise, Ranch seasoning, and chili powder in a medium size bowl, stirring until smooth. Add in cheese, if using, and blend well. Cover and chill for at least one hour or as long as one day before serving. Serve with assorted veggies (carrots, cucumber slices, sugar snap peas, cauliflower, broccoli) or tortilla chips.
What types of healthy snacks do you like to make?