Bacon-Cheese Pull Aparts

Last Friday was our once-a-month snack time at work. Four or five people bring something each time for our large group. Knowing there was going to be a lot of good food at work that morning, I brought my camera so I could take some pictures. Tammy brought several yummy things, and this was one of them. Everyone loved her Bacon-Cheese Pull Aparts! She found this recipe at  Food.com and said it was really easy to make. I asked her if I could post pictures of her delicious creation, because I’m sure a lot of you will want to make this…I know I do. It’s a tasty mix of melted cheddar cheese and biscuits, with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions added in, too…who can resist that?

Tammy omitted the mushroom pieces that the Food.com recipe called for, but if you like mushrooms, you can add those in, too. Here’s the recipe with a few minor changes…

BACON-CHEESE PULL APARTS slightly adapted from Food.com

• 1 egg
  • 2 Tablespoons milk
  • 1 (16.3 oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits
  • 4-6 slices crispy bacon, cooked and broken into 1/2-inch pieces (or you can use 4-6 Tablespoons packaged real bacon pieces)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4-1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (4-5 medium), using both the green and white parts of the onion
  • 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces (optional)
  • cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11×7″ or 12×8″ (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray (if you don’t having either of those size pans, you could probably use a 9×13″ pan–it just may turn out a little flatter). In large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth. Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Gently stir the biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly, then fold in bacon, cheese, onions, and mushrooms, if desired. Spoon the mixture into your sprayed baking pan and arrange biscuit pieces in a single layer. Bake 23-28 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm by cutting into squares, or just pulling biscuits apart. Makes about 8 servings.

Here’s a close-up of all that cheesy-bacon-onion yumminess!

Linked to Sunday Showcase, Potluck Sunday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, We Did It Wednesday, Show and Tell, Make It Yours Day, Strut Your Stuff, Show Off Your Stuff, Foodie Friday, Sharing Sundays.

UndertheTableandDreaming

79 thoughts on “Bacon-Cheese Pull Aparts

You know, it probably could be…I’d cut it up into smaller squares to serve as an appetizer. You could arrange them on a microwaveable plate and heat them up a little right before serving, because they taste best warm. Let me know how it turns out!

2. Annamarie Dodge

i would consider this a side/appetizer/bread…any of those….i would definitely bring this to a party…no muss no fuss and party pleasing…

1. Karen

I’m getting together with family for Thanksgiving (first time in 25 years) at a cabin resort in Gatlinburg, TN…..this sounds like a great recipe to make for breakfast one morning!!

It would be a good recipe because it’s so quick and easy to make! Gatlinburg is such a great place to visit! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving there with your family!

2. n/n latinos

THIS REALLYM LOOK GOOD. WE HAVE A 30MIN. COOKING SHOW ON PULIC ACESS TV 10 HERE IN CORPUS CHRISTI TX. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW RECEPIES TO TRY ON OUR SHOW THIS LOOK DELICIOUS.
    WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW WE DO.

3. Erma

It looks so yummy :9…I think i will make it and bring it to work with me for my coworkers. Thx for the post!! 🙂

4. Mandy

You’re abt to become famous Pillsbury has you featured on thier facebook page. 🙂 Congrats the recipe looks awesome ❤

5. Pingback: Bacon Cheese Pull-Aparts - WeUseCoupons.com

6. Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes

I’ve never heard of those, but they look very good. Anything with bacon and cheese is good, isn’t it? 🙂 I have saved this recipe in order to make it sometime because I’m sure I’ll want to someday. Thanks for sharing.

7. Sharee

That looks so good! How do you take such good pictures? I often cook something that looks really good, but the picture doesn’t do it justice.

Thank you! I’ve found that taking photos in natural light really helps, and it doesn’t hurt to have a good camera, either! Mine is an older Canon Rebel XT, but it still does a good job!

8. Debbie

There should be some type of law against posting something that looks so yummy!!! Shoot… I was ready to lick my screen!! I WILL be trying this one!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

9. rhiannon

I think I just died, and then woke up in bacon and cheese heaven! I am totally making this for my next get together. Who doesnt love bacon and cheese period! I hope you can come and join in my linky party today!

10. Gail

I love this recipe and have been making this for our Christmas morning brunch for several years. It is so easy and yummy, you won’t be disappointed!

11. Kari

What kind of Pillsbury biscuits are these? I couldn’t find them in a 16.3 oz container. I made this tonight with a 12 oz package of what I hope were the right ones. I’ll find out, I guess.

Hi Kari–Pillsbury® Grands® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits come in the 16.3-oz. can–I didn’t realize there was that much difference in the sizes of those refrigerated biscuits. I will update the recipe and mention the Grands® name. Sorry about that…I hope your Pull Aparts turned out okay…please let me know!

1. Kari

Yes, just had them. They were fine. If anything, I don’t know how 4 more ounces of biscuits would have worked. The consistency seemed to be pretty good with just using 12 ozs. I did screw up and dump the cheese in before the cut up biscuits though, but I still think that I got them pretty well coated with the egg mixture.

Glad to hear they turned out okay! With 12 oz. of biscuit, you probably had more cheese, bacon, and onion covering each biscuit piece…which may have been even tastier! 🙂

Kevin, you should be able to substitute any other refrigerated biscuits that come in a similar-size can (anywhere from 12 oz. to 16.3 oz.). Hope that helps!

I googled Bacon-Cheese Pull Aparts and found the info at Pillsbury.com–1 serving (1/8 of the recipe) is 300 calories (calories from fat 150). Total fat grams–16g. Hope that helps you!

12. Nanci

This recipe looks like it would fun to serve at a party!!! My sisters and I just started our first themed blog hop over at http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com
    every Sunday!. This weeks theme is appetizers. We would love for you to come over and share these or any of your favorite appetizer recipes with our blog readers. Have a great weekend.
    Nanci

13. Pingback: Featured Blog: Christina’s Taste Test Project | *Mangoes and Chutney*

14. Sheryl

These look delish! I can’t wait to try them this weekend!! Are they dry at all…do they need any kind of dipping sauce or butter or moist as is? Thanks for sharing!!

15. Tracie

Thanks for this recipe. We actually had it for dinner tonight, and it was fantastic. Thanks for sharing it. It’ll be a permanent fav in our recipe collection, and I shared it with a bunch of friends on FB who wanted it too. Thanks again! Love your blog!

I’m so glad you like the recipe, Tracie! Hope your friends enjoy it, too–that’s great that you shared it with them on FB!

It’s so nice to hear you are enjoying my blog–thanks for letting me know! 🙂

16. Cara

Do you think this could be made ahead? I would love to have it made the night before for Christmas morning! Sounds yummy!

I’ve never tried making it ahead, Cara. If you wanted to try that, you’d probably need to refrigerate it and then reheat it just before serving. It tastes so good when it’s fresh out of the oven, though! So here’s another idea–the night before, cook your bacon, measure out your cheese and put in a ziploc bag, and chop up your green onions, storing them in another ziploc bag. Refrigerate these prep ingredients and have all your other ingredients handy so you can put it quickly together in the morning. If you do make it ahead, let me know how that works out!

17. Bren

I made these last night. I ommited the green onions.and chopped up a jar of jalapenos instead. Was sooo good!. Will definatley make it again to try with the green onions. Thanks!

18. Natalie

Can I buy Pillsbury® Grands® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits in Australia and if so where?!?! Someone please help! 🙂

Hi Natalie, just wanted to mention that if you aren’t able to get that particular brand, you could substitute another brand of refrigerated biscuits, and that should work out fine!

19. Pingback: Bacon-Cheese Pull Aparts | Collector Of Recipes