This is a chocolate treat you can feel good about drinking! I came up with this recipe after some experimenting in the kitchen and have even had this smoothie for breakfast…who says you can’t have dark chocolate for breakfast? Even though it’s healthy, it would make a great dessert, too–it’s hard to beat that chocolate-raspberry combination! This smoothie has lots of good-for-you ingredients…yogurt, raspberries, banana, honey, soy milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and of course, some tasty bits of dark chocolate. So if you’re trying to eat healthy, try this dark chocolate smoothie out the next time you’re craving chocolate. And even if you’re not trying to eat healthy, I think you’ll still like it! This recipe makes 1 serving.
DARK CHOCOLATE–RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (or one 6-oz. container)
- 3/4 to 1 cup vanilla soy milk (start out with 3/4 cup; if mixture is too thick, add in the rest)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 to 2 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-3 frozen raspberries, for garnish
- 1 square 60% or 72% cacao dark chocolate, from a 3.5 or 4 oz. bar, for garnish
In a blender, add vanilla yogurt, soy milk, frozen raspberries, banana, honey and unsweetened cocoa powder; blend ingredients together well.
Pour smoothie into serving glass. Add 1-3 additional frozen raspberries as a garnish on top. Coarsely chop the dark chocolate square and sprinkle over the top of the smoothie.